Key Worker Childcare
The government have requested these key principles are followed:
1. If it is at all possible for children to be at home safely, then they should be.
2. Parents should not rely for childcare on those ‘who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category’. This includes grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
3. Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
The Government has requested that all schools provide optional care for a limited number of children. These are:
• Children who are vulnerable (Supported by Social Care, Children in Care – known as Looked After Children, Young carers, Disabled Children or have an education, health and care plan)
• Children whose parents are critical to the Covid-19 response and cannot be safely cared for at home.
The government has published an updated list of key workers identified as ‘critical workers’ by the government. Please complete the proforma in 'letters' and return to the school office by email should you fall into the Key/Critical Worker category. No childcare will be provided without completion of this form. Every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.